- Posted by Cortex Beauty Blog
- On June 15, 2018
Why are beachy waves an enduring summer tradition, right there with flip flops, ice cream cones and pool noodles?
We think it’s because the beachy waves show the essence of summer in a hairstyle:
- Sexy (looks like you just got out of bed)
- Easy to maintain
- Imperfect, so it looks casual
- Flattering for nearly every face shape and hair length
So, how do you get these fabulous looks? It’s not too hard. You need a curling iron or straightening iron, some product that provides texture, some hair clips and just a few minutes of time. And you could use a decent haircut, with layering being a bonus!
Steps to Fabulous Beachy Waves:
- Hair needs to be dry, but does not necessarily need to be squeaky clean, believe it or not.
- Beachy waves focus on the bottom part of the hair on the sides and back, along with face framing curls at the very front and top. So….it’s important to section off your hair, so you can deal with the back and sides first and then at the end, work on the front. Clips helps with this or even pulling the very front of your hair into a topknot or pony tail, at least temporarily.
- Spray some heat protectant before using heat styling, if your hair needs it.
- Back and sides: Using either a curling iron or straightening iron (believe it or not), either wrap the bottom half of your your hair around the barrel of the curling iron or twirl the straightening iron. You should twirl in different directions in order to create the “mussed look” and to create some volume. You can use smaller barrels for tighter curls.
- As you release the hair from the stylers, pull gently at the end of your hair. This will make the end slightly straight, while leaving the rest of the hair wavy.
- For the front of the hair, start curling or straightening right at the scalp and be sure to twirl your hand towards the back of the head, so your face is framed with these waves.
- After you have styled all of your hair, this is the perfect time to either add textured spray and/or product that will hold your hair through the day or evening without compromising on being sticky or weighing your hair down. Lots of people like the sea salt look, others like a shimmery glitter, still others want volumizing hair spray.
If done right, your beachy waves can be the style of summer: easy, breezy, casual, but sexy, face-framing, gorgeous, all at the same time!